Amal 626 concentric bowl gasket seap

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Chris B_LAPSED

Amal 626 concentric bowl gasket seap

Post by Chris B_LAPSED »

Afternoon all.

so I get one thing sorted then now iv noticed the gasket is seeping fuel on the bowl on the carb (626 concentric) any tips to stop this. I put a new one on 2 weeks ago and its been on and off 3 times trying to stop it leaking.. I just can't seem to stop it seeping out. What am I doing wrong. Any tips. Yes the screws are tight... :headbang:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick D

Re: Amal 626 concentric bowl gasket seap

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Assuming that's not a flaw in the bowl at the point of the arrow:

Flatten the joining face of the bowl by lapping it on a fine sheet of wet and dry paper taped to a sheet of glass or MDF.

The screws should only be tightened enough to flatten the spring washers, (to prevent distorting the bowl). A thin layer of Wellseal will also be an advantage.

Regards Mick
Chris B_LAPSED

Re: Amal 626 concentric bowl gasket seap

Post by Chris B_LAPSED »

Cheers Mick. I'll have another crack at it taking on board what you've said. Iv ordered a genuine gasket and I'm gonna start from Scratch. Iv also ordered some new top and bottom screws with Allen heads as the ones on are not to great... ill check the joining surface and take care not to over tighten. If that fails I will get some wellseal on the dam thing. Thanks again