Headlamp bulb issue

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
G3L1946

Re: Headlamp bulb issue

Post by G3L1946 »

Hi,
Still, it’s a very pleasant county, even when under water? I went for the white bulb. My only reason was that I thought it would be brighter especially for the brake light ( under the red lens cover ) and also provide better illumination of the number plate.
Cheap as chips on flea bay. I would just check polarity, and voltages when ordering. Stick to one which is for 6 volts only and avoid 6v - 24 v variants. Too dim at 6 volts.

P.S. having thought it over I would suspect that the red coloured bulb would be more suited to a clear lens application.

Steve
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

I bought these in red, running at 12v, they are not very bright, both tail and stop, definitely not as bright as a the filament bulb that was replaced or a a white version of an LED I have, albeit a different type/make.
argo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G3L1946

Post by G3L1946 »

Hi,

How odd! I can only report that the brightness improved dramatically with the led bulb whilst simultaneously taking far less current drain. Specifically, regarding the rear light bulb, the original bulb was very dim within the MT110 original style fitting. The led gave at least an improvement of 4 times brightness possibly more. The headlamp bulb, over the original, likewise. Could it be that although your bulb was sold as 12volt it was in reality a 6v to 24 v?
Just shows how things can vary! Attached, bulb for rear lamp I purchased.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

the only issue i had with LED rear stop/tail was the difference when the tail light was on
several times my mate nearly ran in the back of me saying he did not see the stop light come on ( also riding too close)
i only run a traditional stop / tail for that reason
perhaps they have improved

also , no number plate illumination on LED's
G3L1946

Post by G3L1946 »

Hi,
Not sure about no number plate illumination. Mine certainly does. The led’s are located around the circumference of the bulb body allowing some of them to transmit light down through the clear part of the lens and onto the number plate. The stop lamp is about twice as bright as the obligatory rear light so seeing it illuminate should not be a problem. As you quite rightly say, they have probably improved in design and output.

Steve