Burman GB Gearbox Bearing Seal

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
dave16mct

Re: Burman GB Gearbox Bearing Seal

Post by dave16mct »

I think it can stay in unless you're replacing the bearing.
Dave.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Strange for the holder not to come out with the seal in place, you did remove the circlip didn't you? As Dave says, you should be able to carefully tap a new seal into the holder without removing it.
GB44 MS Brg.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimh

Post by jimh »

Hi Dave/Mick
Yes removed circlip but the seal housing is really stuck, will fit new seal and replace the spacer but will renew the housing when and if the Gearbox is out of the bike and knock it out from the inside, the spacer had a definite wear ridge.
Thanks Jim
chappers1962

Post by chappers1962 »

I had the same problem. I was replacing the seal due to the common leak. Managed to get the old seal out, but the seal housing was damaged by what looked like a previous owners attempt to remove a seal - inside had a large score mark which would let oil through even with a new seal. The seal housing was not initially budging, but tried using one arm from a small sprocket puller. Just used finger power to lever the housing out. Was like it was made for the job.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.