New member, looking for a bike

rupert_brun

New member, looking for a bike

Post by rupert_brun »

Hi, I'm a member of the Men of Kent VMCC section and currently have only one bike, a 1978 BMW R80/7 which I bought in 1985. For some time I've wanted an older British single; after a lot of looking at club events and shows I've decided I would like a Jampot 350 single. I'm not in a huge rush and will loiter for a while, looking and learning. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and meeting local members at club events.

All the best,
Rupert
Rupert Brun
www.brun.co.uk
Duncan

Re: New member, looking for a bike

Post by Duncan »

Hi Rupert, welcome to the club, and you have picked one of the most rewarding bikes to look out for.

If you haven't already discovered it Christians Archive http://archives.jampot.dk/ has a host of information on it that you can use to support any future purchase.

Additionally the Bacon Restoration book https://www.amoc-parts.com//store/comer ... duct=23959 is an invaluable reference, its never too early to start the Christmas list.
rupert_brun

Post by rupert_brun »

Thanks Duncan for the welcome and the good advice.
Rupert Brun
www.brun.co.uk
clive

Post by clive »

Hi Rupert welcome to the club. As a forum moderator I need to say that adverts (for sale, parts, or wanted) are not allowed in the general forum areas. We do have a section where they are allowed though viewforum.php?f=56. We also have an area where adverts placed are then automatically transferred to appear in the monthly magazine , the Jampot. When you are logged in, from the home page go to adverts, place an advert. It will not appear immediately as it has to be moderated. Don't forget to include contact details.
Having said that we have had a number of people advertising recently for bikes and frequently wanting to repeat them. Not sure how affective they are. I would recommend a regular check on the bikes for sale on the website as the best value ones often go quickly and don't make it into the magazine.
Good luck with your search.
Adverts Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Andy.S

Post by Andy.S »

Hi
The club has a bike sale side Kettering classics
check out the stock they have www.kettering-classics.com
rupert_brun

Post by rupert_brun »

clive wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:27 pm Hi Rupert welcome to the club. As a forum moderator I need to say that adverts (for sale, parts, or wanted) are not allowed in the general forum areas. We do have a section where they are allowed though viewforum.php?f=56. We also have an area where adverts placed are then automatically transferred to appear in the monthly magazine , the Jampot. When you are logged in, from the home page go to adverts, place an advert. It will not appear immediately as it has to be moderated. Don't forget to include contact details.
Having said that we have had a number of people advertising recently for bikes and frequently wanting to repeat them. Not sure how affective they are. I would recommend a regular check on the bikes for sale on the website as the best value ones often go quickly and don't make it into the magazine.
Good luck with your search.
Adverts Editor
Thanks Clive, it wasn't my intention to advertise "wanted", I've been looking at the adverts section. It was just a way to introduce myself and say why I've joined!
Rupert Brun
www.brun.co.uk
rupert_brun

Post by rupert_brun »

Andy.S wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:11 pm Hi
The club has a bike sale side Kettering classics
check out the stock they have www.kettering-classics.com
Yes I've checked that out but it's a long way to go with a van when I might not like it when I get there :-)
Rupert Brun
www.brun.co.uk