G80 GASKETS

Information relating to the Matchless G80 or AJS Model 18 500cc Heavyweight.
kennyd

G80 GASKETS

Post by kennyd »

Hello, I am building a 1959 G80 engine at present, In the gasket set there is a selection of cylinder base gaskets! Which is the correct gasket?? Thanks in advance!.
Duncan

Re: G80 GASKETS

Post by Duncan »

Hi Kenny, this link will take you to the club shop and a picture of the gasket https://www.amoc-parts.com//store/comer ... duct=21518

Double check you have selected the correct one by doing a dry fit on the cylinder barrel. The gasket set covers a variety of years and models hence the different gaskets.
kennyd

Post by kennyd »

Thank you for the prompt reply, In the set there is one identical but a has a small cutaway in the tab !what purpose does that serve regards Kenny.
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

The cut out tab is for earlier engines that had an oil feed to the piston skirt via a gallery around the base of the barrel, you could still use this gasket on your engine if needed.
Engine Oil Circulation.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kennyd

Post by kennyd »

Thanks again for your prompt reply, I did actually use the gasket for the older engine, I will leave it as is and see how things develop, regards Kenny