Tracing history of my Matchless G80 TCS "Typhoon"

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
sdillon

Tracing history of my Matchless G80 TCS "Typhoon"

Post by sdillon »

Hi all, going back a while I became proud owner of a Matchless G80 TCS.
I am trying to find a bit more about the history of the bike, when it came back into the UK and who might have imported it and where from. It's been certificated by the club and was made in 1960. Unfortunately it was never registered with the North America Club.

Going back as far as I now the last person in the UK chain was someone who went by the nick name of "Harry the ambulance" because he drove one. Apparently Harry sold the G80 typhoon and a G15CS to Ace classics in London around 2010 or earlier, but sadly Harry is no longer with us. At that time the bike had no V5.

So I am trying to trace anyone who knew Harry who was an AMC enthusiast and any info previous to Harry re the history of the bike.

I attach a couple of pictures just in case it helps as I reckon the bike was restored maybe around 20years ago but a bit of a wild guess.

If anyone has info and they don't want to publically share please message me privately.

Cheers Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.