Transfer Positioning

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
trophy

Transfer Positioning

Post by trophy »

Hello all. My problem is that I don't know where the transfers are sited. I have a 1957 G9 which was partly restored when I got it. All tinware etc had been blasted and etch primed. I'm about to get it painted but where do the transfers go? I did a search and Laxy stated that transfers supplied by the Club Spares came with a diagram showing what fits where. Not so in my case. Just a set of transfers with no instructions what-so-ever.
The two side panels transfers are obvious but this leaves me with the large "Matchless" transfer. (OK, rear mudguard, but where on the mudguard?) The two "Max and Min oil level" ones. The one showing the makes and grades of oil. The one saying "The oil level must not be allowed to fall more than 1/8" below bottom of inspection hole"?? The "Patent" one. The "Reserve" one, and finally the one (should that be two?) "Teledraulic Spring Fork".
If Laxy's statement is correct I wonder why Jampot Spares have not continued?
I wait in anticipation.

Ride safe all.
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Transfer Positioning

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Trophy phone the club tomorrow ask Louise to if you can speak to rick,(Jim will be busy)and i'll sort a diagram for you or you can PM me your address
The piston ring King
Duncan

Transfer Positioning

Post by Duncan »

Lawrence

There is a file on the Archive that you might find useful:

www.mc-albion.dk/AMC/Technical/Tank_det ... chless.pdf